NOC Engineer, Headquarters in De Meern, The Netherlands
We are looking for a Network Operations Centre (NOC) Engineer to join our Network Operation Center in De Meern, The Netherlands.
As one of our Team members you monitor and manage all production systems and services, taking steps to improve performance, reliability or uptime. Our NOC Engineers configure and activate new services and take care of customer (helpdesk) support in case issues arise.
As a NOC Engineer you have three main roles:
- To ensure maximum possible service availability and performance
- To provision customer services that are in our portfolio
- To provide support services for Engineering, Customers and other technical teams
These result in a highly diverse range of duties for the NOC - our engineers are required to ensure these duties are fulfilled in a timely, co-operative and professional manner. We interact frequently with technical support, service provisioning and sales teams so it's important that we are clear and concise in our communications. We also work very closely with the Engineering team and as such need to develop a good all-round understanding of systems and networks. Diligence and attention to detail are also key skills along with an ability to multi-task and prioritise work appropriately. As your knowledge and confidence develop you will join our 24x7x365 support schedule for our core network and services. Importantly, NOC engineers must have a solid understanding of Services and processes; they must be eager and quick to learn, be clear communicators and must be able to use their initiative to tackle a broad range of problems.
- Providing technical support to international customers with regards to satellite communication systems and services (VSAT/IP/ Data/Voice/ Audio/Video/Teleport).
- Implementing and activating fixed and maritime VSAT sites via our iDirect platforms.
- Providing line-ups for occasional use (video uplinks).
- (Pro)active monitoring of our platforms, networks and infrastructure.
- Solving issues and registering issues through our trouble ticketing system.
- Available to work in a 24x7x365 environment.
Required Skills and Experience:
- You have >2 years of relevant work experience as an IP/RF/VSAT Engineer or have worked in a NOC or technical help desk environment dealing with VSAT services.
- You have a bachelor or masters in telecommunications / engineering
- Cisco CCNA or CCENT is preferred.
- Knowledge of iDirect VSAT services.
- Experience with telecommunications and IP.
- Excellent English language skills both orally and in writing.
- Team player with good communication skills and customer focused orientation.
- You like to engage and communicate with customers in providing them the support they need.
- You are an EU resident. Applicants without EU residency or EU work permit won’t be considered for this position!
- Optimistic attitude
- Customer oriented
- Effective communicator
- Professional and ethical behaviour
- Problem solver
- An independent position with many responsibilities, an interesting customer base, and capability to work on many technical platforms
- An informal and enjoyable work atmosphere
- Room for personal development with good training opportunities
- Full time contract for one year initially, with intention to renew after 1 year
- A competitive salary based on relevant experience.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to HR: HR@castormarine.com
Note to agencies: Acquisition is not appreciated.