Castor Networks is a leading satellite service provider and teleport operator, based in the Netherlands.
We provide VSAT and mobile satellite services to companies active in the Mining, Maritime and Energy industries, to NGOs and Governments.
Our Broadcasting customers benefit from live audio and TV bouquet uplinks. We serve our wholesale customers with Teleport services, Virtual Network Operator (VNO) services, and satellite capacity leasing.
Castor has offices in De Meern (HQ, NL), Groningen (NL), DR Congo, South Sudan, Central African Republic and Mexico.
The main Teleport facility for Castor is based in Burum Netherlands, but in order to provide a global reach we do run services through a number of other (owned and partnered) teleports as well.
We have a requirement for an experienced Teleport Engineer to join our Teleport facility team in Burum, The Netherlands.
The teleport team works closely with a team of highly skilled professionals in a collaborative environment.
The Teleport Engineer will be expected to carry out various RF ground engineering activities, necessary to provide end-to-end fixed and mobile satellite communication services.
This includes implementation and maintenance of Teleport Earth Stations, VSAT Platforms and related Monitoring and Control hardware. An important objective of the teleport team is to maintain the quality and availability (uptime) of teleport services within the agreed SLA’s (service level agreements) in a cost-effective and flexible (fast) manner.
Activities and result areas include:
- Design, installation and optimization of RF systems at Castor Teleports (owned and partner teleports).
- (Pro) active monitoring and correction of RF systems, networks and infrastructure for the purpose of minimizing incidents and acting adequately and purposefully in the event of incidents;
- Purchase of Teleport hardware: advise on purchase of equipment and selection of suppliers and related vendor management
- Reporting and administration: supplying management reports about achieved availability, delivery regarding the budget process; assisting with teleport asset administration
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with RF/ Teleport Engineering
- Specialization in RF and/or telecommunications engineering
- Thorough practical knowledge of the construction of satellite earth stations and antenna tracking systems.
- Understanding of protocols for satellite communications; ability to calculate with dB, dBi, dBW etc.
- Ability to measure with high-quality spectrum and network analyzers.
- Knowledge of Teleport / LES equipment, RF + IF networks, Audio Broadcasting, Video Broadcasting, SCPC/VSAT/Datacom applications, ordering of hardware.
- Basic knowledge of cisco switches and routers
- Expert at analyzing interference of shared spectrum
- Familiarity with advanced wireless networks such (3G/4G/5G)
- Ability to summarize complex problems, solutions and recommendations
- No limitations to perform physical work on antennas, which may include lifting equipment and working at heights. Fluent in English, written and oral
- Eng or Masters Electrical Engineering
- Willingness to acquire; VCA (basic safety), aerial platform & forklift certificates
The successful candidate must be able to work in the Netherlands so must have an EU residence and work permit.
To apply for this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to our Teleport Manager: email@example.com.