Purchasing & Logistics Coordinator, Groningen, The Netherlands
Castor Networks is a leading satellite service provider and teleport operator based in the Netherlands. We provide Mobile and Fixed Satellite Services to companies active in the Mining, Energy and Maritime industries, NGOs and Government organizations.
Castor has offices in De Meern (HQ, NL), Groningen (NL), DR Congo, South Sudan, South Africa and Central African Republic.
We have a requirement for a Purchasing & Logistics Coordinator at our office in Groningen, The Netherlands.
As Purchasing & Logistics Coordinator you are responsible for companywide stock management and addressing all purchasing and logistics request raised within the organization. Your main objective is to ensure all offices and warehouse locations have the necessary hardware on stock to support the planned and future field installation work. Equipment needs to be purchased from our suppliers and shipped to the respective offices and warehouse locations. The Purchasing and Logistics Coordinator is responsible to control that process and to work closely with the operations and sales department on any Purchase Requests that are raised. The Purchase Order process is an important administrative element of your work.
- Providing purchasing and logistics support to the internal organization
- Stock and Asset management for all (main and remote) offices and warehouse locations.
- Purchase Order process. Ensuring PO’s are raised correctly and timely and that suppliers are chased to deliver in time.
- Price negotiations with suppliers. Providing the sales and operations department with comparative analysis (best offer from suppliers)
- Managing all logistical needs for Castor, this concerns National and International shipments, custom clearances and managing 3rd party freight forwarders and custom agents.
- Monitoring delivery status and providing delivery status updates to the internal organization
- Monthly stock checks. Working with remote offices to ensure in/out stock is registered correctly.
- Warehouse/store keeper for warehouse location Groningen, The Netherlands.
- Ensuring digital logistics (stock) systems are up to date.
- RMA (return merchandise authorization) process. Supporting the Operations department by making sure faulty equipment will be returned to supplier for repair.
Required skills and experience:
- You have a bachelor or master’s degree, preferably in Logistics.
- You have >2 years of relevant work experience in a warehouse or logistics environment.
- You are an excellent communicator and negotiator. You’re able to flag, report and advise on issues, challenges and opportunities and can communicate these effectively to your superiors (C.O.O.).
- Excellent English language skills both orally and in writing (French is a nice to have).
- You like to engage and communicate with (internal) customers in providing them the support they need.
- You are an EU resident. Applicants without EU residency or EU work permit won’t be considered for this position!
- An independent position with many responsibilities
- An informal and pleasant working atmosphere
- Room for personal development with good training opportunities
- Fulltime contract for one year initially, with intention to renew after one year
A competitive salary based on relevant experience.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Note to agencies: Acquisition is not appreciated.