Teleport Engineer (RF) , Burum Netherlands
As a leading satellite service provider and teleport operator, based in the Netherlands, we provide VSAT, L-band, 4G and IT services to maritime and land customers.
Castor has offices in De Meern (HQ, NL), Groningen (NL), DR Congo, South Sudan and Central African Republic. The main Teleport facility for Castor is based in Burum Netherlands which currently consists of 16 antennas from 3.7m to 16m in diameter.
We have a requirement for an RF Engineer to join our Teleport facility team in Burum, The Netherlands.
The RF Engineer will be expected to carry out various RF ground engineering activities, necessary to provide satellite communication services. This includes implementation and maintenance of KU and C-band Earth Stations and related Monitoring and Control hardware and software. Also the RF engineer provides some remote hands assistance to colleagues on VSAT platforms and IP infrastructure in the teleport. An important objective of the teleport team is to maintain the quality and availability (uptime) of teleport services within the agreed SLA’s (service level agreements) in a cost-effective and flexible (fast) manner.
Activities and result areas include:
- Installation and maintenance of RF systems at Burum Teleport
- (Pro) active monitoring and correction of RF systems, networks and infrastructure for the purpose of minimizing incidents and acting adequately and purposefully in the event of
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with RF/ Teleport
- Specialization in RF and/or telecommunications
- Understanding of protocols for satellite communications.
- Practical knowledge of the construction of satellite earth stations and antenna tracking systems is preferred.
- Ability to measure with high-quality spectrum and network
- Able to read and understand technical operations manuals.
- Knowledge of Teleport / LES equipment, RF + IF and fiber optic networks,
- Ability to summarize complex problems, solutions and
- Updates drawings and create new ones for all future projects.
- No limitations to perform physical work on antennas, which may include lifting equipment and working at heights.
- Fluent in English, written and
- Willingness to acquire; VCA (basic safety), aerial platform & forklift
The successful candidate must be able to work in the Netherlands so must have an EU residence and work permit
To apply for this position, please email your resume to HR: HR@castormarine.com
Note to agencies: Acquisition is not appreciated.