Castor Marine provides SATCOM and IT services for the maritime sector worldwide. Our clients are active in commercial sea shipping, offshore and superyachts. SATCOM is our core business. We also provide solutions for the complete IT on board. We provide 24/7 global support to provide customers with the best possible service. Our head office is located in De Meern. We also have offices in Groningen and Nice (France).
We are looking for an experienced person for the SATCOM and IT team in Groningen
System & Network Support Engineer (Fulltime)
As a System & Network Support Engineer you support our customers worldwide and you contribute to our IT solutions. You work together with your colleagues from our office in Groningen. Part of your job consists of visiting customers worldwide. You love to travel and don't mind working irregular hours.
- Set up and maintain complex network structures including failover, redundancy and network security
- Preparing and testing installations
- Installing and maintaining IT networks (servers, switches, firewalls, etc.)
- Contribution to the further development of our IT solutions
- Follow product and technology developments
- Working in consignment service
- At least 5 years of experience as a System & Network Support Engineer in a comparable environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft and VMWare
- Knowledge of Fortinet / cybersecurity is an advantage
- Good command of Dutch and English
- Hands-on mentality, persuasiveness, accurate and flexible
What we offer
- A challenging job in a growing organization
- An international working environment
- Company car
You can send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject System & Network Support Engineer. For more information about the position, please contact Mark Olthuis (email@example.com).
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.