Inmarsat FleetBroadband is a backup service for Maritime VSAT services providing a reliable L-band connection for email and internet access. Because the FBB terminals operate globally and that means they can provide coverage in areas where Ku-band doesn’t.
FleetBroadband supports the latest IP services, as well as traditional circuit-switched voice and data for your legacy applications. You can choose between a standard, contended IP service and guaranteed data rates on demand – with the ability to select the rate according to your application. Three types of terminals are available with stabilized, directional antennas ranging in diameter from 27 cm to 68 cm to deliver optimal maritime connectivity, each offering different performance capabilities.
FleetBroadband terminal costs are lower than other options, with a choice of airtime pricing packages to best suit your needs. And you don't have to commit to a lengthy contract.
Summary of Key FleetBroadband Features:
- Access email, the Internet, corporate networks and send large file attachments over a secure connection at speeds up to 432 Kbps.
- Streaming IP service with guaranteed data rates of up to 256 Kbps
- ISDN data service at 64 Kbps
- Landline quality direct dial voice service
- Short Messaging Service (SMS)
- Voice Mail Service
- Global Coverage